I really don’t have words anymore for this man just please stop him
The band has had a few different names over the years.
…”as founding mother Abigail Adams”…
… “Abigail had a secret life that involved Katrina Crane.”
It was cool because I got a chance to speak young Black males all over the country about this new idea called Thug Life. Which is a new kind of Black power. Young black males out there identified with Thug Life and I couldn’t handle it. I could handle it, but not right away. Imagine you have 14,000 people ready to do whatever you want. When you have all over the country people waiting to hear what you want to do. All of a sudden I got people in the penitentiary, big time OG criminals, calling me telling me they want me to lead their movement.
But yall think black people love him because he was “just a rapper”..
At 25, Tupac was setting himself up to be a modern day Activist. He took all the teachings from his Black Panther mother and other role models whist growing up, and took a different approach to get his message heard, which was through rap. And made many features at events and discussions like these..
Tupac was assassinated simply because his influence over the young black males started to become uncontrollable, he become a positive light to many and woke black men from their systematic brainwashed unconscious mindset.
They didn’t want another Malcolm X on their hands,
But he was “just a rapper”…
Continue to think that, I don’t care enough to change your mind, I’m just enlightening you..
Everything would be better if Michael was still here.
for us fans, for the future of the planet, for charities and children…and for HIS children…but for him personally? He’d be strugglin’. The tabloids would still be chasin’ his ass. I bet he wouldn’t even be living in the US.
I do still wish he was…dammit all ta hell.
I LIVE FOR THIS BIT OH MY FUCKING GOD THE LIFE I AM GETTING PRAISE GOD SOMEONE POSTED THIS I AM CRYING
"grillo" must mean "fine wine" in italian because hot damn time has been kind as fuck to that man
Dark Ages, Schmark Ages. The De-Textbook cuts through that and so much more fake-fact bullshit.
cloudy with a chance of witch burning
your periodic reminder that a good chunk of Europe basically shat the bed for a few centuries while everyone else kinda did their thing.
I am sorry I’m going to be that person.
This map is extremely inaccurate.
1) China was not going through business as usual China was going through the TANG DYNASTY i.e. the Golden Age of Chinese culture, which would lay down legal and social and poetic norms for the rest of Chinese history. The Tang is so influential that a lot of languages call Chinese people 唐人 (People from Tang.) (We call Chinese people “people from Qin” so.)
2) Japan is _first becoming literate_ during this time period (due to the influence of the Tang they adopt Chinese script), which is a BFD for poetry, religion, politics, society. Japanese court culture develops, which near the end of this period (11th century, around the time Europe enters “high middle ages”) will produce The Tale of Genji (by a totally awesome woman named Murasaki),widely regarded as the world’s first novel because of it’s deft use of irony and social commentary.
3) The southern part of Korea is experiencing the emergence of Unified Silla, a state that will last the entire period and will see the importation of Chinese and Indian buddhism, the construction of the first Confucian college in Korea, and so on.
4) In Mesoamerica, the Mayans are inventing astronomy, writing (the third and final independent invention of writing in human history), and a whole crapload of other stuff. This is the triumph of their culture.
5) The Umayyads in Spain are a massive center of technology, learning, and (comparative) religious toleration.
6) The Eastern Roman Empire, which spans both the green and yellow portions of your map, isn’t doing too badly either, bouncing back after losing territory to the Caliphate.
7) The Polynesians are colonizing the ENTIRE PACIFIC using amazing advanced navigation technology not rivaled until the INVENTION OF GPS.
8) I am not equipped to talk about Sub-Saharan Africa in detail (cue rant about how we never learn about subsaharan africa in the western educational system) but you can bet there are some major, amazing developments going on there too. I’d be shocked if there weren’t.
9) HOLY SHIT INDIA.
11) THEY WEREN’T BURNING WITCHES IN EUROPE DURING THE MIGRATION PERIOD (dark ages). Witch burning took off in the EARLY MODERN PERIOD, nearly 1000 years after this. Europe was going through some tough shit, which would leave them backwards compared to the rest of the world for 1000 years, but also there were some amazing things happening there, at least have the decency to be like “angry dudes with swords stabbing people” not WITCH BURNINGS FFS.
12) And ABSOLUTELY Islamic Caliphate was a totally amazing flowering of intellectual, artistic, and spiritual culture, a mixing pot between a thousand cultures and languages, and totally amazing. Don’t in any way want to diminish that in any way.
PLEASE ALWAYS BE THAT PERSON
Racism in its PUREST form.
I mean, let’s be real. Bill O’Reilly is ignorant as fuck.
how deep seeded your cism gotta be to call a successful black man with a PHD a drug dealer then go on your show everyday and say racism doesnt exist